Saturday, February 10, 2007

To Fix or Not to Fix ?

Well, as I said in my previous post, I just love playing Badminton .. If I am not playing Cricket, then I must be on the badminton court ... 3 times a week is pretty good an exercise and its a lot of fun !

But this post is NOT about my love for this game .. rather its about my knack of breaking the racquets every couple of weeks in special situations ... i know, u must be like, what special situations ? right ? Well, when initially I started playing it, I just had one racquet ... and I was really totally fine with it ... then one day, my opponent (who also had just a single racquet with him) broke his racquet during the game and so we had to leave the game halfway ... That was the time when it dawn on me that its not a such a bad idea to have a spare racquet with me ... so the next day I bought one spare racquet and took with me the next time onwards ...

The very next time, I broke my first racquet and got a chance to use the spare one and continue the game without any interruption ... I was sooo very happy that I thought ahead of time !! I got my first racquet restringed within a week and now that became a spare racquet ... within another couple of weeks, I broke the second racquet ... I dont know how it happened. I was really surprised ! but then again I had one more racquet ... so I was happy ...

This time, I wanted to get the broken racquet fixed soon but due to some reasons/busy schedule, I didnt get a chance to do so. Everytime I went to Badminton courts with just one racquet fearing that this only-racquet can break anytime and I will be handicapped ! But thankfully that never happened ... Soon after a couple of months, I got the broken racquet fixed and within the next 2 weeks the first racquet broke !! Again, I didnt get a chance for some time ... Just before leaving for India, I got it restringed ... Now, after coming back, I resumed Badminton and the first day I broke the racquet ...

This time, I was psyched !! I have never broken my 'only' playable racquet so far ... never .. Its only when I had 2 racquets ... only when I had a backup, I 'had to' make use of it ... Whenever I didnt have a backup, It was never needed ! So, I have decided, I am not going to have a backup at all ... I am not going to fix that broken racquet ... let me see if I 'manage-to' break this only good racquet ... I dont know if my decision is right or wrong but I am all ready to find out ...

what do you think ? Should I base my decision based on the experience or common-sense ?

Update 03/06/07: btw, that racquet has not yet broken even after more than 6 weeks of continuous play !! see, thats what I am talking about !!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger ~The Dream Catcher~ said...

lol.. live in the moment.. BTW.. it was a post on badminton which made me come back to your blog the first time i read it. Where you saw some cute chick, and the story that unfolded.. was very funny.. I even made my bro read it, but i dont think i commented on it!!

2/11/2007 12:03:00 PM  
Blogger Aniruddha said...

:) .. I guess you are talking about Microsoft Office Intern post .. yeah I was surprised I didnt get any comments on it ..not even from some of my 'bachelor' friends ;) ..

anyway, I am happy that it made you come back to my blogs & I got such a nice reader ! cool ..

2/11/2007 01:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

>> not even from some of my 'bachelor' friends

If you are referring to me, then I think I did leave a comment about your blog being found out by your boss :-)

2/17/2007 09:12:00 PM  
Blogger Aniruddha said...

well, I didnt mean exactly you, but yes, you were a part of the bachelor community I was referring to ... :)

did u leave a comment on that post ? coz I didnt find any .. maybe u r talking abt some other post ?

2/19/2007 12:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home